Set Environment Variables
The next step is to set up the PATH environment variable so that Eclipse IDE can access Cygwin commands
To set environment variables follow these steps:
- Find "My Computer" icon either on the desktop or in the start menu, right-click on it and select Properties item from the menu.
- When you see the Properties dialog box, click on the Environment Variables button as shown below
- When Environment Variables dialog shows up, click on the Path variable located in the System Variables box and then click the Edit button.
- When Edit dialog appears append the following text to the end of the Variable value field:
;c:\cygwin\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\binNote: If you installed cygwin in the non-standard location, correct the above value accordingly.
- Close all three dialog boxes by pressing OK button of each dialog box.
If you have questions comments suggestions regarding this tutorial you can post them here or you can write me an email to tutorials AT v-lad.org.