Download, Copy and Unpack Hadoop
The next step is to download and copy the Hadoop distribution.
- Download hadoop 0.19.1 and place in some folder on your computer such as C:\Java.
- Open Cygwin command prompt.
- Execute the following command:
- Execute the following command to enable your home directory folder to be shown in the Windows Explorer window:
- Open another Explorer window and navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded Hadoop archive.
- Copy the Hadoop archive into your home directory folder.
If you have questions comments suggestions regarding this tutorial you can post them here or you can write me an email to tutorials AT v-lad.org.